Build a Patio Table with Built-In Ice Boxes
Make entertaining guests this summer easy and stylish by building a patio table with a hidden secret: built-in ice boxes for keeping your drinks cold!
Get your backyard ready for entertaining with a few projects, and yours will be the house that everyone loves to come to! Our guest today has an awesome patio table building plan for you. And it has a secret that your guests will love: built-in ice boxes, perfect for keeping your drinks cool!
Today, we are excited to share our detailed plans outlining our process for building an ice chest patio table, which we fondly refer to as “The Patio Party Table.” With a few tools and plenty of patience, this project can be completed in a weekend, for as little as $150!
- 5 – 2×8 8′ length (table top)
- 2 – 2×6 8′ length (ice box lids)
- 5 – 2×4 8′ length (framing/skirting)
- 2 – 4×4 8′ length (table legs)
- 3 – 1×4 8′ length (ice box supports)
- 2 – plastic planter boxes – see photo below
- 2 1/2″ Kreg pocket screws
- 1 1/2″ Kreg pocket screws
- 1 3/4″ Deck screws
- 8 – 5/16″ x 3″ bolts
- 8 – 5/16″ washers
- 8 – 5/16″ wood anchors
- 120 grit sandpaper
- 80 grit sandpaper
- Pre-conditioner, stain, exterior spar varnish, foam brushes, fine sanding block